The Submissions Program at New York Audio Academy allows students to get their material in front of current industry trend makers. Each student at New York Audio Academy will have the opportunity to submit a track to be included in the Submissions Program CD if they choose to do so.
Obviously, as a student of New York Audio Academy, you are not required to submit any material! It’s just a great option for those students who may be interested in getting feedback and one-on-one interaction from our list of instructors and Guest Speakers.
Students who are enrolled in the Music Industry Intensive course will be able to sign up for intern opportunities on a preferred basis in our host studio, Engine Room Audio.
When you complete your application for the Music Industry Intensive course, contact the admissions department if you have an interest in pursuing an internship.
Many students schedule their internship program to occur during the same time frame as the course itself, and there are other students who choose to commence their internship after the completion of the Music Industry Intensive course.
In addition to the internship options available at our host studio Engine Room Audio, there are also internship options available in other areas of the music business. If you are interested in an internship in Management, Public Relations, A&R or any other area of the industry, our staff can help you to find internships. Just speak to one of our staff members, and we will help tailor an internship that fits in with your specific goals.
- Introduction to Basic Recording Techniques
- Signal Flow and Transducers
- Introduction to Pro Tools™
- Introduction to Reason™ and MIDI
- Working with the DAW
- Music Business – Licensing, Synch
- Signal Processing – Reverbs, Delays
- Production Techniques – Building the Beat
- Dynamic Range and Signal Characteristics
- Artists, Producers, Engineers, A&R – Who are these people?
- Making Records – The Big Picture, the Process
- Production Techniques – Sit in on a session –Vocal Tracking
- Music Business – Record Label Perspectives
- Production Techniques – Mixing
- Songwriting – It’s all in the Song
- Music Business, Social Media – Work the System
- Management and Public Relations
- Mastering and Audio Delivery Formats – The Art and Science
- A&R – Today and Tomorrow
- Future of the Music Industry
At the New York Audio Academy, we believe a top of the line audio education doesn’t need to cost you a fortune. Our program is designed to give you the ability to learn what you want to learn, and the option to earn any technical certificates you choose to earn. We also offer the flexibility for you to tailor your learning experience to your specific needs.
If you are looking for an overview of the music industry and just want to learn from our guest speakers, or if you are looking for the most in-depth technical instruction available, our program can be tailored for you.
Utilizing our core curriculum along with our Guest Speakers, Workshops, Submissions Program and Internship Program, our experienced staff can help you put together an educational experience that gives you what you need, at a price that won’t break the bank.